WHAT IS PLANNING APPROVAL?
Sometimes new buildings, changes to the use/appearance of existing buildings, and other changes in the way land is used often require planning permission.
The planning system is used to enforce restriction on where development should happen and where it should not and manage how development affects its surroundings.
The planning system regulates the use of land and buildings by granting or refusing planning permission.
DO I REQUIRE PLANNING APPROVAL?
Some development does not require a planning application as legislation specifies it as permitted development on the basis of being, for example, either minor or uncontroversial development or associated with the existing use of land or buildings.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I PROCEED WITHOUT PLANNING APPROVAL?
If you proceed to carry out development without planning approval, the planning department at your local authority can enforce changes or order unauthorised works to be demolished or put back to the way they were. Fines can also be applied by the planning department and most home owners who proceed without obtaining planning approval will encounter problems when selling their property.
HOW CAN MACDONALD DICKSON ARCHITECTURE (MDa) HELP?
- MDa have comprehensive knowledge of the planning system and extensive experience of preparing planning applications and securing approval for a diverse range of building types.
- MDa regularly act as agent on behalf of clients to guide them through the planning process and submit applications on their behalf.
- MDa are familiar with what is and what is not deemed permitted development and can offer advice based on permitted development legislation from the outset.
- MDa have established relationships with several the planning departments in several local authorities and regularly have informal discussions with them to determine the likelihood of success prior to submission of a formal application. MDa can also advise on what kind of proposals have been granted in the past.
- MDa can assist with the production of all relevant information in connection with your planning application including site plans, design drawings and 3D images. All of these documents will ensure that your application is processed in the shortest possible time.
- MDa can advise on timescales and assist with programming construction work around obtaining planning approval.
CONTACT MDA TODAY FOR FURTHER ADVICE AND/OR A FREE HOME CONSULTATION.